Lets Try this Again
Wow! It has been a while since I posted a blog. I am going to try to do this again. Maybe this time I can keep up and keep blogging.
In the last 4 years since I have blogged lots has happened. I am going to try to start a list and then see where it goes from there.
1. Job wise: I have changed jobs twice. I wanted to work where I would not have to drive my car to work. I got a job at a small travel agency where I could ride the Dart Train. I was there for 10 months and got laid off because they didn't have enough business. There is more to that story. I learned my lesson. 2 weeks later, I had a new job and will have been here for 2 years next April. It is a major travel agency and I am on a large account. I am 61 now. One of the things that attracted me about this agency is, if I retire after 10 years, I continue to pay my same rates for the health insurance. I am 61 now, so I can retire when I am 70. Getting there!
2. The Big Move: When I moved back to Dallas, I was living in Uptown. I thought I had the coolest place to live in Dallas. My lease was up this last January. Going over to my parents house, I would often go thru Downtown Dallas. Post properties where I lived also owned the Wilson Building Downtown Dallas. The building is over 100 years old and Post redid it back in 1999. I didn't think I could afford to live there. Well the day before I was either to have to renew my lease or give Post notice, I was checking there website. They had a list of apartments that was available. They had an efficiency small loft that was going to be available February 1st when I was going to move. The neat thing that it was less than what I was going to have to pay to stay in Uptown. So I decided to move. I had always dreamed about living downtown, but thought I could not afford it.
Well the week before, I was to move Post sold the building to Forrest City which was redoing the Mercantile in Downtown Dallas. I was the first person to sign a lease with Forrest City because the Mercantile had not opened. It was a learning process for both of us. I am getting some subsidized housing from the city of Dallas, for folks that can't afford the price of living in Downtown. I am loving living down there. If I get this thing to working again. I will tell you more about it.
My biggest fear since I got such a good rate was that they were going to jack the rent. Well for this next year, my rent will stay the same. I am not moving. That was a big relief. I started the process to get qualified back in September, so I finally could kick back and not worry.
Ok this post is long enough. Look for more and I really want to get back into doing this.
Labels: Update


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home